Monday, April 30, 2007

Consummatum Est

If Stephanie's http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/ Latin is to be trusted, that means, "It is finished."
I love this blanket, but towards the end there it was starting to wear on me. It was overall fun to knit, but I feel no qualms about wrapping it up in pretty paper and hiding it in my closet to wait for the wedding of its recipients.

The Mitter Blankie is trucking along, I now have 7 completed squares and another one on the needles. Still lots of winding, but I'm not complaining. I got a new friend out of it.

Meet BallZilla.

As expected, I used 2 full skeins and a tiny bit of a third for the Wedding Afghan. That would normally annoy the snot out of me, but since I realised that so far in advance, I was able to make plans for that leftover 93% of a skein.
Behold the glory that is My First Cables socks. With US 8 dpns, this project is flying by(I only started this sock yesterday evening). Since I won't be able to use up the whole skein with one pair of socks, I have two more pairs of fair isle socks planned that will use this yarn and some of the leftovers from Cowl(not Howl).

I am so excited! We only have 2 more weeks of actual classes at school, then 2 partial weeks, and then sweet freedom! Gotta jet, must shower and sleep to be fresh for tomorrow(that just happend to be less than a month from the last day of school.)

No comments: