Sunday, April 15, 2007

Down Time

That's what thid day had been all about. I only got out of bed because I was hungry, but then I ended up not eating. I had a gulp of my sister's tea(don't tell) and then I was distracted by the movie they were watching.

My mom bought all 3 of the old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies, and the Small Ones(my little brother and sister) have been watching them all weekend. That's one thing about them that annoys me: they can't watch a movie just once. If we have a movie night, you can bet that they'll be watching it again in the morning. The funny thing is, they're not very concerned with what's going on in the movie. Usually they just wrestle and play and barely look at the screen. I think maybe they just can't function without background noise.

I ended up watching the whole rest of the movie(not that that's a bad thing, it's a good movie). After that, I went back to my room and knitted. On Tuesday when I was shopping with my mom, I got a book called 200 Knitted Blocks by Jan Eaton. It's very cool. I made my first mittered square.
Ain't it purty? I noticed that both of the hanging ends were on the same side of the square, and as I held it up, I got an idea. I whipped up another square and made this...
...a little purse for my sister's doll.
They were both thrilled.

1 comment:

Judy said...

You are such a nice sister to make that purse for her doll. It's adorable!