Monday, April 16, 2007

Man, I Need a Ball Winder

Winding a ball of yarn by hand is a funny thing: when I realise I have to do it, I get myself all worked up about how horrible it was and oh woe is me. But then once I get started I remember how it's like cleaning the bathroom(my bathroom, anyway), it's never as horrible as I lead myself to believe. Once I get in the groove, winding yarn is almost meditative, kinda like knitting(this is not true of cleaning the bathroom, however. Although it't a lot more fun than some other things I can think of, there's a lot of other things I'd rather be doing. Like knitting.)
Half an hour ago, this was the floppy mess that was once the snug, well mannered skein from which I am drawing the Wedding Afghan.
That mess is now a snug, well mannered ball. It really ain't so bad.

In other news, Thing 2 interrupted my ball winding with his pleas for me to take pictures of him. This is him jumping off an ottoman/footrest.

No comments: