Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Pix!

I am relatively knew to this knitting gig. I learned the knit stitch when I was around 8, but never made anything or learned anything else until October of last year. I've only bought yarn without a definite purpose a couple of times, which is why--those with weak stomachs may wish to look away--my entire stash(excluding the stuff on the table above this) is visible in the above picture(that big red thing with hearts is a hat I got at a theme park). Shocking, I know.
I don't mind the fact that storage isn't a problem yet, but there is the side effect that I usually can't just start something on a whim without going to buy yarn for it. I also don't have a good selection of needles. The only sizes I have are US 5, 7, 8, 10 1/2, 11, 15, and something without a lable that's just a teensy bit bigger than my 15s. (Yes, I tried a needle sizer. It only goes up to 15)
This was the scene on my worktable yesterday. That big mass of black in the middle was this--

--the pieces for "Cowl and Howl"(minus the howl, which is a dog sweater) from Stitch 'n' Bitch: a Knitter's Handbook. Today, that mass of black is this--
--my first sweater ever!!!! I used size 11 needles and I Love This Yarn #30 black, 2 skeins. There's a slim chance that if you knit the smallest size and took some length off the sleeves, that you could manage it with just one skein. I finished the front, back, and sleeves with the first skein and about 8" left over. I only needed the second skein for the seams and cowl neck.
Just in case there's any confusion at all, yes: that's me modeling it. Quit staring at my butt.
This a lap afghan I'm knitting as a wedding present for my nanny and her fiance. It's a very simple knit & purl stripe pattern with a seed stitch border.
Blurry closeup.

This misshapen blob is tote bag for my knitting and crochet projects. Oh yeah, I crochet on the side. That's why there's no needles in this picture: I'm crocheting it.

These are my old(old, old) trusties. Yes, that's duck tape around the toes. At some point during the week before last, the sides split open. My mom and I went shopping on Tuesday and we got some new sneakers, but I couldn't wear them the next day because I was going on a field trip and would be out in the woods getting dirty(with mud, you perverts). I wore them on Wednesday, and I think that because of the duck tape, my feet stayed drier than they would have in new sneakers. I haven't worn them since, but I can't bring myself to throw them out. Not quite yet.

This is Ruddy. He just wants to say Hi.











This is the knitting that I was going to show you on Monday, before I knew how to post pictures here. It's a fairly recent FO, bound off on March 19. It's about 43 inches/109 cm square, and took about 4 balls' worth of Red Heart Super Saver and TLC Essentials. Knit on a 36", size 8 circular needle, it took 3 weeks exactly.

I am now gonna go spread the word of my (fairly) new blog and beg for comments. PLEASE COMMENT!!

No comments: